Sunday, November 19, 2006

65. Girls With Glasses: My Optic History


This was a cute, quick read. :) I especially liked the way she catagorized her life based on the glasses she had at the time and how much she remembered about shopping for each pair. Despite my good memory my perscription changed way too frequently for me to remember that much about my glasses shopping experience. Although I have to say, her experience with her first pair is incredibly similar to my first pair experience! Anyway... here's the B&N description:

Marissa Walsh reflects on her past through the varied lens of her eyewear: the plastic children's frames; the gawky junior high I-have-braces-too; the not-quite-stylish high school contact lenses; the spare not-to-be-worn-in-public pair; the all-nighter bloodshot college eyes that made contacts impossible; and so forth. In this eyeglass-framed memoir, the coauthor of Tipsy in Madras takes us on a lively jaunt through her visually challenged road to adulthood. A proud shout-out for girls with glasses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter html code